Forum Koło nr 65 Strona Główna Koło nr 65
Zabrzańskie forum wędkarskie

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Dating as a Medical Student – Confessions of lesso

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Koło nr 65 Strona Główna -> Spławik/tyczka/odległościówka
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Jobayet Hossen
narybek
narybek

PostWysłany: Pią Lut 02, 2024 05:16    Temat postu: Dating as a Medical Student – Confessions of lesso Odpowiedz z cytatem

A final year medical student weighs up the pros and cons of dating within and outside of medicine.

For better or for worse, over the last few years I have been (mostly) single and have spent a considerable amount of time, effort, and dedication dating, when I could have spent more time hitting the books. So, if the goal of dating is to enter into a relationship, there is no doubt I have been completely and utterly unsuccessful. However, they say you learn from your failures more so than from your successes, and with that in mind, I can say I have learnt a few things; especially when it comes to dating inside and outside of medicine.

Before we begin, I do have some definitions which I’d like Baricinix 2 mg to get out of the way because I have found there are always conflicting opinions when discussing said definitions in conversation.

- Date: one occasion where two people who are romantically interested in one another spend quality time together.

- Dating: a point in time whereby three dates have transpired with two people who are romantically interested in one another, who both have the intention to keep on seeing one another romantically.

- Synonyms of dating: ‘seeing’, ‘courting’, ‘exchanging LinkedIn information’

- Relationship: after an undefined period of time, both parties agree for the third body, the relationship, to continue in whatever inclusive/exclusive shape and or form with (ideally) pre-discussed values and expectations established.

Dating Within Medicine
The first ‘pro’ that comes to mind when thinking of dating within medicine is that you have all these shared experiences. You know which tutors are the worst, or what antics your favourite doctors are getting up to. You can share your engaging ward stories, the stresses you had trying to get in your first cannula, those last OSCEs, and they will intrinsically understand the implications of every sentiment.

The same cannot be said for dating outside of medicine.

Sure, you can explain all the essentials as to why what you did or saw was cool, but it still won’t be the same (unless they also work in healthcare).

For example, while I was on my paediatric rotation last year, I encountered a patient who had cystic fibrosis (CF). I was dating someone who wasn’t from a medical background, so I went through what the condition was and why that moment was so momentous for me. I first learnt what CF was in the second year of my biomedical science degree, and the condition just kept on coming up again and again as the years went by. So meeting someone was a rare opportunity to understand the condition on a deeper level. With permission, I took out my stethoscope, and asked if I could have a listen to her lungs to see (well, hear) for any interesting signs.
Reklama

Wysłany: Pią Lut 02, 2024 05:16    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Koło nr 65 Strona Główna -> Spławik/tyczka/odległościówka Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: